Necessities of admitting Dua…
Ibn Qudamah al-Maqdisi:
Ethics of Du’a
Following are some ethics that one who makes Du’a is recommended to strictly adhere to:
1. Choosing the optimum times to make Du’a therein such as the Day of “Arafah (9th Dhul-Hijjaj), the mouth of Ramadan, the Fridays, the last time of the night before the Dawn, the time between Adhan and Iqamah, after the performance of Prayer, during rain, in times of Jihad, after finishing the recitation of the whole Qur’an, during Sujud, after breaking one’s Fast, etc.
2. Facing the Qiblah.
3. Lifting one’s hand towards the sky.
4. Wiping one’s face with his hands after Du’a (No Dalil to support this)
5. Lowering the voice.
6. Commencing Du’a with praising Allah, Most High.
7. Sending blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).
8. Steering clear of oppression and sins.
9. Keeping penitent.
10. Implanting consciousness of…
View original post 10 more words
Hospitality of Islam…
Ibn Qudamah al-Maqdisi:
Manners of Serving Food to Guest
1. Food should be served promptly as soon as the guest rests.
2. Fruits should be served first, Allah says,
(And with fruits any that they may select; And the flesh of fowls any that they may desire.) [Al-Waqi’ah: 20-21]
Then meat is served, then any other food. Finally, the dessert is served. At the end one drinks cold water and washes his hands with warm water.
3. All available kinds of food should be served.
4. Guests should be afforded ample time to be satisfied.
5. Food should be quite enough.
The host’s share of the food should be set aside before it is served to the guests. After eating, if a guest seeks departing, the host should see him out with a cheerful smile and kind terms. The guest, too, should, out of his modesty and good manners, be…
View original post 36 more words
The distance between you and ALLAH…
TAWHEED! “Laa ilaaha illa-Allaah”
Abu Sa’id Al-Khudri (رضي الله عنه) narrated that Allaah’s Messenger صلى الله عليه و سلم said:
“Musa (Moses) عليه السلام said: ‘O my Rabb, teach me something through which I can remember You and supplicate to You.’ Allaah answered: ‘Say, O Musa, Laa ilaaha illa-Allaah’. Musa said: ‘O my Rabb, all your slaves say these words’.
Allaah said: ‘O Musa, if the seven heavens and all they contain other than Me (1), (Ghairy) and the seven earths as well, were all put in one side of a scale and Laa ilaaha illa-Allaah put in the other, the later would overweight them.’ ”
[This Hadith has been reported by Ibn Hibban and Al-Hakim declared it Sahih].
(1) This phrase (Ghairy) is the exception from what is in heavens. It should not be misunderstood that Allaah is contained within the heavens or earth since He has described…
View original post 54 more words
Photo post by @siraatemustaqee.