Hospitality of Islam…
Ibn Qudamah al-Maqdisi:
Manners of Serving Food to Guest
1. Food should be served promptly as soon as the guest rests.
2. Fruits should be served first, Allah says,
(And with fruits any that they may select; And the flesh of fowls any that they may desire.) [Al-Waqi’ah: 20-21]
Then meat is served, then any other food. Finally, the dessert is served. At the end one drinks cold water and washes his hands with warm water.
3. All available kinds of food should be served.
4. Guests should be afforded ample time to be satisfied.
5. Food should be quite enough.
The host’s share of the food should be set aside before it is served to the guests. After eating, if a guest seeks departing, the host should see him out with a cheerful smile and kind terms. The guest, too, should, out of his modesty and good manners, be…
View original post 36 more words