Necessities of admitting Dua…
Ibn Qudamah al-Maqdisi:
Ethics of Du’a
Following are some ethics that one who makes Du’a is recommended to strictly adhere to:
1. Choosing the optimum times to make Du’a therein such as the Day of “Arafah (9th Dhul-Hijjaj), the mouth of Ramadan, the Fridays, the last time of the night before the Dawn, the time between Adhan and Iqamah, after the performance of Prayer, during rain, in times of Jihad, after finishing the recitation of the whole Qur’an, during Sujud, after breaking one’s Fast, etc.
2. Facing the Qiblah.
3. Lifting one’s hand towards the sky.
4. Wiping one’s face with his hands after Du’a (No Dalil to support this)
5. Lowering the voice.
6. Commencing Du’a with praising Allah, Most High.
7. Sending blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).
8. Steering clear of oppression and sins.
9. Keeping penitent.
10. Implanting consciousness of…
View original post 10 more words